1. Choose Audible Plus if you find enough interesting audiobooks in the subscription.
2. Choose Audible Premium Plus if you want credits to exchange for premium audiobooks which you will own forever.
With the introduction of a new Plus subscription plan, Audible remodels the entire ecosystem. Users will need some time to make up their minds which subscription plan suits them more.
Here are quick facts and comparisons to help you make a better decision.
What is Audible Plus?
Audible Plus is a new Kindle Unlimited like subscription plan introduced in August 2020. It gives unlimited access to audiobooks from Plus Catalog, which includes over 11,000 audio publications.
When your subscription ends, all Plus audiobooks are being removed from your account, and you can’t download new ones.
- Membership plan: Audible Plus
- Number of eligible books: over 11,000 in Plus catalog
- Streaming: Yes
- Credits: No
- Owning books forever: No
- Monthly fee: $7.95
What is Audible Premium Plus?
Audible Premium Plus is an old credit-based subscription formerly known as Gold / Platinum membership.
The subscription includes two elements: unlimited access to Plus Catalog, plus credits that you can exchange for audiobooks from Premium catalog.
- Membership plan: Audible Premium Plus
- Number of eligible books: over 11,000 in Plus catalog and almost 500,000 in Premium catalog
- Streaming: Yes
- Credits: Yes, 1 or 2 per month
- Owning books forever: Yes
- Monthly fee: $14.95 (1 credit), $22.95 (2 credits)
Audible Plus or Premium Plus – which one is for me?
Choose Audible Plus…
If you discover many interesting audiobooks and podcasts in the Plus catalog, you don’t have to choose the other plan – Audible Plus is just for you.
Choose Audible Premium Plus…
This plan is for everyone who can’t find enough interesting titles in the Plus catalog.
On top of that, you will most probably choose this plan if you are eager to actually own audiobooks not rent them.
Audible Plus vs. Audible Premium Plus
|Access to Plus catalog||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Premium catalog||No||Yes|
|Number of eligible books||Over 11,000||Almost 500,000|
|Own books forever||No||Yes|
Keep exploring. Here are other tips and how-to guides:
[gu-archive number=5 tag=”tips”]