∙ Open Kindle Cloud Reader in a Safari browser and log in with your Amazon credentials.
∙ It’s a good solution if you have Kindle books in more than one Amazon account.
Many people ask whether they can read Kindle books on an iPad. The obvious solution is an Amazon Kindle app for iPad and iPhone.
A problem with Amazon Kindle app for iOS
You can use a Kindle iPad app with a single Amazon account. You can’t switch accounts just like in your Twitter app.
However, there is a growing number of users who have more than one Amazon account, and they have Kindle books in both accounts. For instance, they keep purchased Kindle books in one account, and have an active Kindle Unlimited subscription in the other.
If you want to switch an Amazon Kindle account in a Kindle app, you will need to go through a time-consuming process of registering an app. Switching back means registering the app again.
Solution – read Kindle books in a Safari browser
A simple solution to get access to Kindle books from your other Amazon account is to open a Kindle Cloud Reader page in a Safari or Chrome browser on your iPad.
Kindle Cloud Reader is a way to read Amazon’s ebooks in a browser on a computer. And browsers running on an iPad are supported.
How to read Kindle books on your iPad without an Amazon app
1. Open Safari browser on your iPad. You can also use other browsers, as well. I have successfully tested the solution in a Google Chrome app.
read.amazon.com in an address field. It’s a Kindle Cloud Reader home page.
3. A Kindle Cloud Reader login panel appears. Enter the credentials of your Amazon account you want to use in Safari.
4. The library view appears. Tap on any book cover to open it. You can adjust the reader settings the same way as in a desktop browser.
Read Kindle books in iPad’s Safari – things to know
- Just like in desktop browsers, the Kindle Cloud Reader interface is outdated and ugly.
- Some features are not available on the iPad. For instance, to go back to the library view, you will need to tap the Safari’s reload icon.
- You may not be able to set up the two-page mode.
- Kindle Cloud Reader lets you see and read only the books downloaded from the Kindle Store. There is no way to access your sideloaded ebooks.
- There is no way to enter the full-screen mode. You will always see the browser’s interface.
- Once you log in to your Amazon account in Safari, you can shop Kindle ebooks in a next tab.
• • •
We removed a comment system to increase your privacy and reduce distractions. If you’d like to discuss this article, we are waiting for you on Twitter and Facebook. For instant updates, make sure to add us to Google News or subscribe to RSS feed.
Keep exploring. Here are the latest posts:
The best tablet accessories in 2022
– January 12, 2022
Should I buy a tablet pillow stand?
– January 12, 2022
Innovative pillow stand for hands-free use
– December 25, 2021
iPad hands-free watching – most practical accessories
– December 10, 2021
Why you should not buy iPad mini 6 keyboard case
– November 22, 2021