These bionic-formatted books from Project Gutenberg are ready to be added to your e-reader or book-reading app.
Are you planning to try bionic reading? I have converted the most popular classic books (including Frankenstein, Pride and Prejudice, and The Great Gatsby) to bionic-formatted versions, so that you can save time on conversion.
Bionic reading will help you read faster and comprehend more. First parts of the words are displayed in bold, so that your eyes focus on them, letting your brain autocomplete the rest.
The most important benefit of bionic books is that they can be added to your current e-reader or book app. They are just regular ebook files, in epub format, with 30-50% of text displayed in bold font.
Here is how a bionic-formatted version of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice looks in a Kindle app for iPhone (left) and on a Kindle Paperwhite 5 (right).
I have picked the top 10 most downloaded Project Gutenberg ebooks in the last 30 days, run them through the Bionic Reading formatter, and uploaded to the Google Drive folder. From here you can download the bionic books to your computer and add to your e-reader or book app.
The folder with free bionic books includes:
- Frankenstein; Or, The Modern Prometheus – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Arthur Conan Doyle
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
- Moby Dick; Or, The Whale – Herman Melville
- A Doll’s House – Henrik Ibsen
You can always add a bionic formatting to your current ebook file. Just use the official bionic formatter from Bionic Reading GmbH. Upload a book in epub file, wait for the reformatting to complete, and download the file in epub format. You will be able to add this file to any reading device and app, including the Kindle (Amazon already supports epub format).
Benefits of bionic reading
▸ Bionic-formatted text lets you read faster, comprehend more, and stay focused for a longer time. It’s not meant to make you a speed reading master. It’s meant to make you read and understand more.
▸ Bionic books can be read in any current e-reading device or applications. There is no need to buy and download a dedicated app. There is no need to switch to another app to read bionic-formatted books.
▸ You can use all the e-reader’s or app’s features with your bionic-formatted book. You can add highlights and notes, translate and share text, or look up definitions.
▸ Bionic books preserve the original container of the reading tool you use. They don’t change the reading experience – they just enhance it.
▸ The idea behind bionic reading is simple and is about adding a bold formatting to text. Therefore, the chances are high that bionic reading will be embraced by both ebook lovers and ebook platforms.
Keep exploring. Here are other tips and lists:
- Are you looking for an iPhone case that you could personalize? Most items on the list are compatible with the […]
- These powerful, versatile accessories will help you recharge most of your devices during long stays on your favorite campsites.
- Which power bank is the best for you? There are more things to consider than just the capacity and price. […]
- These iPad and iPhone compatible cases and accessories were tested to survive military-defined conditions.
If you don’t want to miss future updates, make sure to enable email notifications in the comment box below. We are also waiting for you on WordPress Reader, Mastodon, Tumblr, and Facebook. You can also add us to your Google News channels.