• Kindle email is a special email address that you can use to send own ebooks to your Kindle.
• It’s automatically generated when you register a new device or app.
• Each device has a unique Kindle email address.
Kindle email, also called Send to Kindle email, is a popular feature that lets you add own ebooks and digital files to your Amazon Kindle library.
Here is a roundup of facts and tips about it.
Kindle email – things to know
1. Kindle email is useful for everyone who reads lots of ebooks from other sources than Amazon, for instance, public domain books or third-party ebook platforms.
2. To add own ebooks to Kindle, open your email (such as Gmail), add ebook files as attachments, and select the Kindle email address as the recipient. There is no need to type a title or text.
3. You can send no more than 25 attachments in a single email, and a total size of the email should not be higher than 50 MB.
4. Please keep in mind that there may be also size limits in your email client. For instance, Gmail lets you send attachments no larger than 25 MB. For larger Kindle files, you may need to use other transfer methods.
5. Make sure to send files in compatible formats: epub, mobi (discontinued in 2022), txt, or pdf (the full list is available at the end of the list).
6. The files are converted to a native Kindle format. They should appear on your Kindle as well as in your Kindle Cloud Library within minutes. Your Kindle has to be connected to the internet to sync the content status and download the new ebook.
7. Each device registered with your Amazon account has its own unique email address. Thanks to that, you can send files directly to your Kindle or Amazon Kindle app on your iPad, Fire, or Android-powered device.
8. You can find and change each Kindle email address by going on your computer to Amazon » Account & Lists » Content & Devices. Then click “Preferences” and scroll down to see Personal Document Settings » Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings. For step-by-step guide visit this post: How to find Kindle email address.
9. You can also find the Kindle email directly on your Kindle or in a Kindle app. Go to Settings section and look for “Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Address” field.
10. Your Kindle will receive files only from your email – the email address associated with your Amazon account. You can authorize other email addresses. To add them, go to Personal Document Settings » Approved Personal Document E-mail List.
11. To make sure your Kindle is protected against spam, you can make your Kindle emails less obvious. Scroll down to see how the emails are being auto-generated.
Sending ebooks via Kindle email – compatible file formats
- MOBI (.AZW, .MOBI) (support ends in 2022)
- EPUB (.EPUB)
- Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
- HTML (.HTML, .HTM)
- RTF (.RTF)
- Text (.TXT)
- JPEG (.JPEG, .JPG)
- GIF (.GIF)
- PNG (.PNG)
- BMP (.BMP)
- PDF (.PDF)
How your Kindle emails are being generated
There is a simple rule how a Kindle email is being constructed:
- The part after the “@” sign is being replaced by “kindle.com”.
- The part before the “@” sign is being followed by an underscore and a sequence of letters and digits.
For example, if your Amazon account email is:
then an email address automatically generated for a new device added to your Kindle account would be something like this:
• • •
Keep exploring. Here are other tips and lists for Kindle users:
How to read bionic books on iPad and iPhone
– May 28, 2022
Here are 10 free bionic books for your e-reader or book app
– May 26, 2022
Where are my sideloaded books on Kindle?
– May 16, 2022
How to add epub files to your Kindle or Kindle app
– May 6, 2022
A foldable Kindle – why it doesn’t make much sense
– April 9, 2022
Top tablet accessories to get in 2022
Based on recommendations from top tech sites and customer reviews.
Innovative pillow stand – great for hands-free use
An improved version of a popular Lamicall tablet pillow comes now with a side pocket for a digital pen or small accessories. The stand is two-sided, with three angles on each side. It’s made of durable materials and is available in five fashionable colors.
Slim 20000 mAh power bank with built-in cables
A high-capacity and lightweight power bank with intelligent LED display and three built-in charging cables: micro USB, USB-C, and Lightning. A hand strap doubles as one of the charging cables. No more cable mess!
Portfolio tablet case with accessories compartment
This customer favorited case bag from Tomtoc is compatible with all tablets up to 11 inches. It has passed the Military Standard Drop Test, and comes with an internal mesh pocket for accessories. Available in over ten colors.