1. Go to Amazon website » Account » Your Content and Devices » Privacy Settings » Amazon Devices Privacy.
2. Select the Fire tablet you want to manage.
3. Toggle Device Usage Data button at the bottom.
If you are concerned about Amazon collecting and processing your sensitive personal data, you can limit this access by changing one option without the need to deregister your device.
When you do it in a browser on your computer, you can quickly disable data collection for multiple devices connected to your account, not only Fire tablets, but also Kindles or Alexa-powered smart speakers.
When you disable data collection for marketing purposes, Amazon will not show ads adjusted to your device or store activity. You may still see the ads (for instance, when you open your Fire tablet with special offers), but they will not match your interests.
How to disable data collection on your Amazon Fire tablet
1. Go to Amazon website and log in to your account.
2. Select “Your Content and Devices” from “Account & Lists” drop-down menu.
3. Go to Privacy Settings tab at the top navigation row.
4. Select the device you want to manage.
5. Switch the orange button under “Device Usage Data.”
6. Click “Turn off” button at the bottom of the dialog box.
7. Repeat the same for other devices connected to your Amazon account.
Turning off data collection will not decrease the convenience of using your Fire tablet. Amazon will still collect the data that’s needed, for instance, to manage notes, bookmarks, and last-read positions.
• • •
We removed a comment system to increase your privacy and reduce distractions. If you’d like to discuss this article, we are waiting for you on Twitter and Facebook. For instant updates, make sure to add us to Google News or subscribe to RSS feed.
Keep exploring. Here are the latest posts:
Top 5 alternative keyboards for your Amazon Fire HD 10
– May 13, 2021
iPad Pro 12.9 2021 case compatibility issues explained
– May 6, 2021