1. You can go for an affordable alternative – iPad Air 4.
2. The next-generation Pro should be released in the first half of 2021 and feature mini LED display.
The latest iPad Pro 11 was launched on March 25, 2020. Its regular price is $799 for the 128 GB & Wi-Fi only version, and you can expect some good Black Friday deals. Although you may save even 20% this year, I recommend going for other options.
Here are the reasons not to buy iPad Pro 11 in 2020:
1. iPad Air is an affordable alternative
If you are in need to find a replacement for your old iPad, and want to get a premium iPad this year, go for iPad Air 4 (prices from $599) instead of iPad Pro 11 (prices from $799).
iPad Air 4 was launched on October 23, 2020. It sports the large 10.9-inch edge-to-edge display, USB-C connector, and a new Touch ID sensor. The tablet offers a massive boost in performance compared to a previous model.
Why Air 4 instead of Pro 11?
- Both tablets have a cool bezel-less look and similar dimensions.
- iPad Air 4 comes with 10.9-inch LED display with 2360 × 1640 px resolution, while iPad Pro 11 has 11-inch Liquid Retina LED display with 2388 × 1668 px resolution.
- Just like iPad Pro, the new Air 4 is compatible with the Magic Keyboard – you can now make the full use of a touchpad on your iPad!
- Just like iPad Pro, the new Air works with the 2nd-generation Apple Pencil.
- Just like iPad Pro, the new Air is equipped with USB-C port that lets you transfer data with a speed reaching 5Gbps – 10 times faster than previous generation.
- iPad Air 4 comes in five fashionable colors: Silver, Space Gray, Rose Gold, Green, Sky Blue.
- iPad Air 4 costs $200 less than iPad Pro, offering performance and features that would for most users be similar to iPad Pro.
2. iPad Pro 11 with mini LED is coming in a few months
There are dozens of iPad Pro rumors. Most of them claim the new generation model will come in Q1 or Q2 of 2021.
Is it worth waiting for the new model instead of going for the current one?
A major updated we should see in iPad Pro 2021 is mini LED display. It’s a new screen OLED-like technology. Mini LED displays have LEDs that are 50% smaller than regular LEDs. They offer increased brightness and higher contrast while still remaining power efficient.
Do you want to see other options? Check out current iPad offers on Amazon.