1. Go to Settings » Apple ID » iCloud.
2. Find “iCloud Backup” on the list and turn it off.
When you are setting up your new iPhone or iPad, among many messages and alerts that pop up is the one asking whether you want automatic iCloud backups.
Anyone accepts this option and forgets. It’s supposed to be automatic, and in the end it’s free, right?
The problem is that most probably your backups won’t be made. The free iCloud plan offers only 5 GB of storage. Download a few apps, record a few videos, and the data will surely increase that limit.
As a result, instead of automatic backups that should give you a peace of mind, you receive irritating alerts from the Settings app saying “iCloud backup failed.”
Most users try to stop these alerts by going to Settings » Notifications. But you can’t manage Settings notifications because they are system alerts.
Instead of disabling notifications, you can do one of three things:
- Upgrade your iCloud storage plan (learn about iCloud storage plans here).
- Remove some apps from iCloud backup.
- Turn the iCloud backup off.
Let’s proceed with the last option. When you learn you have to pay a few dollars per month, you may realize that you don’t need to back up your iPhone after all.
How to stop iCloud back-up fail notifications – step by step
1. Go to Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap Apple ID – your profile details at the top of the display.
3. Tap iCloud.
4. Find “iCloud Backup” on the list and tap it.
5. Toggle the button to turn the feature off.
• • •
We removed a comment system to increase your privacy and reduce distractions. If you’d like to discuss this article, we are waiting for you on Twitter and Facebook. For instant updates, make sure to add us to Google News or subscribe to RSS feed.
Keep exploring. Here are the latest posts:
- Blinkist iOS app lets you learn from the best nonfiction books at the speed no one can beat
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 5 – what we know so far
- How to buy unregistered Kindle on Amazon
- Want to try Audible Plus? You can subscribe directly on Amazon
- Should I buy Kindle Paperwhite in 2020?
- Which cases will fit iPad Air 4 2020?
- Switching from Kindle to Fire? One thing will highly disappoint you