1. Open Health Mate app and log out of your account.
2. Delete the app from your iPhone.
3. Reboot the iPhone.
4. Download the app from the App Store and log in again to your account.
The more devices you connect to your Health Mate iPhone app, the bigger the risk the app will start quitting one day when you want to open one of recorded activities.
When it happens, the only way to fix the problem is to reinstall the app. Quitting the app and opening it again will most probably not solve the problem.
In most cases, the iOS Health Mate app quits when you try to open a specific kind of activity (usually the one the app failed to sync properly). The profile tab should be available without problem.
Reinstalling the app includes one crucial step: you have to log out of your Withings account before uninstalling Health Mate. This way, when you install the app again, it’s clean from misconfiguration that was causing the error.
How to properly reset Health Mate app on your iPhone
1. Open your Withings account on the web and sync your account. Please note that not all data may be pulled from your Health Mate app.
2. On your iPhone, open the Health Mate app, and go to “Profile” tab on the right side of the navigation bar.
3. Tap the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner and scroll down. Tap “Log out” button to log out of your Withings account.
4. Uninstall the app from your iPhone.
5. Restart your iPhone: press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears.
6. After the reboot, download Health Mate app from the App Store.
7. Open the app and log in with your Withings credentials.