1. The newest iPad model is a solid alternative to iPad Pro 11.
2. The tablet may be already discounted for Black Friday.
3. Lots of cases and accessories are already available.
The newest iPad Air 4 was launched on October 23, 2020. It sports the large 10.9-inch edge-to-edge display, USB-C connector, and a new Touch ID sensor. The tablet offers a massive boost in performance compared to a previous model.
Should you buy iPad Air 4 before Christmas 200 or should you wait a few months? I believe there is no reason to wait.
1. iPad Air 4 is an affordable alternative to iPad Pro 11
Many users consider Air 4 (prices from $599) as a solid and affordable alternative to iPad Pro 11 (prices from $799).
- Both tablets have a cool bezel-less look and similar dimensions.
- iPad Air 4 comes with 10.9-inch LED display with 2360 × 1640 px resolution, while iPad Pro 11 has 11-inch Liquid Retina LED display with 2388 × 1668 px resolution.
- Just like iPad Pro, the new Air 4 is compatible with the Magic Keyboard – you can now make the full use of a touchpad on your iPad!
- Just like iPad Pro, the new Air works with the 2nd-generation Apple Pencil.
- Just like iPad Pro, the new Air is equipped with USB-C port that lets you transfer data with a speed reaching 5Gbps – 10 times faster than previous generation.
- iPad Air 4 comes in five fashionable colors: Silver, Space Gray, Rose Gold, Green, Sky Blue.
2. Air 4 is the best way to upgrade from the basic iPad
If your old iPad needs an urgent replacement, you have two options at hand:
- You can buy the new basic-level iPad 10.2 released in September 2020.
- You can upgrade to iPad Air 4.
Ask yourself a question: what do I need from my new iPad?
Do you want to use it more often and for more complex and creative tasks? The question is not only about the display and performance but also compatible accessories.
- iPad Air 4 is compatible with the 2nd-generation Apple Pencil, while iPad 10.2 is not.
- iPad Air 4 is compatible with the Magic Keyboard featuring the trackpad. iPad 10.2 is only compatible with Smart Keyboard.
- iPad Air 4 comes with a fast USB-C connector, while iPad 10.2 has the Lightning.
- iPad Air 4 features Touch ID on the edge instead of the Home button below the display in iPad 10.2.
3. iPad Air 4 may be available at reduced prices this year
Although the 4th-generation iPad Air is a hot-new product, I expect some deals coming during Black Friday.
- Some iPad Air 4 variants are already sold at slightly reduced prices on Amazon. The 256 GB version in Space Gray is $50 off (7% price cut).
- I expect Black Friday price cuts of iPad Air 4 to reach 20%. You should at least check out Amazon to see what’s available.
- You may see lower prices not only on Amazon, but also Best Buy, Target, and eBay.
- If you are ready to buy one of less popular color variants, you may see bigger price cuts.
- Be prepared for delayed shipping. If you buy iPad Air 4 during Black Friday, you may receive after Christmas.
Add one of these trendy iPad Air 4 cases and you have the tablet of your dreams.